WHAT THEHEEBEE SAYS ABOUT VISITING RAMOJI FILM CITY:
“Don’t Forget to visit Ramoji Film City” is what all our friends suggested when we were planning our Hyderabad trip. By knowing the kind of attention that this place got from everyone, made us put it in the #mustVisit list!
We made a day’s trip to Ramoji Film City in May-2017 during our Hyderabad trip.
Ramoji Film City has all the reasons to be proud of being the largest film studio complex in the world and it boasts of holding a Guinness World Record for the same!
Ramoji Film City has various attractions like –
- Tour of Movie sets where actual movies have been shot and are being shot.
- An amusement park with various attractions for people of all ages.
- Carefully cultivated gardens which give a glimpse of different cultures.
- Different food options.
- Movie making experience etc.
Tickets are sold for one day tour and comprise of:
- General Daily Tour
- Costs 1100 INR for adults, 1000 INR for child ((33″ Ht / 3 – 12 Yrs). Entry time strictly till 2 PM only.
- This provides access to all major attractions and a tour in non-a/c bus.
- Ramoji Star Experience
- Costs 2199 INR for adults, 1999 INR for child ((33″ Ht / 3 – 12 Yrs). Entry time strictly till 11 PM only.
- This provides access to all major attractions and a tour in a/c bus
- More facilities like – access to the lounge, souvenir, buffet lunch and much more.
More about the packages can be accessed at their site.
Ramoji Film city is located outside Hyderabad. From anywhere in Hyderabad, one needs to reach Nehru Outer Ring Road and then continue on it until exiting on Vijayawada – Hyderabad Highway. Google Maps shows the correct route.
Once can reach by their own vehicle, or hire a day’s cab. There are buses from Secunderabad and Gachibowli. You can get more details about the bus from Ramoji Film City’s helpline numbers mentioned on their website.
We drove from Hi-Tec City to Ramoji Film City in our own vehicle. The drive on Nehru Outer Ring Road was a sheer pleasure.
It has ample parking space available there. They also have a resting and dining facility for drivers.
Attractions and rides:
- Film City Tour: Ramoji Film City holds Guinness Record for being The Largest Film Studio Complex in the world. A tour of the various different Live Studios is among the most thrilling activities here. You can relate the sets with the movies that are shot there and get a feeling of how your favorite stars would have shot here. There are customized open vintage buses along with a guide to take you through these sets.
- Gardens of the world: Slip into the feeling of being in a garden at Japan, Mysore Brindavan Gardens, Mughal Palace Garden, at an exquisite abroad location and much more through delicately cultivated gardens at here. For few minutes that you are there, you will definitely be in a different world.
- Fun rides and games at Fundustan: This is the place which the kids will love the most. There are many fun games and rides at Fundustan for the kids. The most sought after is the ‘Rain Dance‘ which was unfortunately not working during our visit. ‘Dadajin Live TV Show‘ is a #mustWatch here. It is a very interesting concept of how a character named ‘Dadajin’ comes out live from TV and amuses children. Some highly skilled jugglers also perform their skills here. The young and the adults can have fun in a ‘Scary House‘! Apart from this, there are many rides where the visitors can enjoy with family and also take a bit of rest from walking.
- Movie Magic: Special studios are set up to take the visitors through professional movie making experience. Experienced artists perform movie-like stunts and DJ will groove you to fun music.
- Live Performances: A series of live shows for your recreation – Street shows, stunt shows, dance and traditional performances.
Options for food: There are ample of food options here. Starting from five-star category dining to quick-bite snacks & ice-creams, there is something for everyone. There are restaurants on the theme of movies and also restaurants serving dishes that are favorites of movie actors. Shacks for quick bites like samosa, puff, ice-cream etc are available at most places here.
Shopping: Do you like to carry souvenirs to preserve memories? Then, Ramoji Film City has lots of options for you. You can buy stuff like Indian hand-made jewelry, decorative articles, hats, caps, cowboy merchandise, T-Shirts and much more.
Big Plus Points:
- Access to support staff and guides at all the places makes it a very comfortable experience to get the information and reach the attraction spots.
- Well versed guides in the bus ride across the movie sets.
- Kept very clean and hygiene.
- Easy access to washrooms and cold drinking water.
- The discipline of queue maintained at all the attractions.
Areas of Improvements:
- Serious lack of shade and too much walking inside in the sun to access the attractions that are spread in a wide area. Due to this, we get exhausted even before completing the entire film city. Management should look at planting trees and bring more shade in the premises.
- It seems that majority of the support staff including the bus drivers go on a common lunch break of approximately an hour. Due to this many fun rides and bus rides are not accessible for an hour. This is practically a waste of time for tourists. Management should look at alternatives to keep the activities going on continuously.
Below are some pics from our trip to Ramoji Film City:
Hiral Amodia @ TheHeeBee