WHAT THEHEEBEE SAYS ABOUT POTATO POPS MANCHURIAN:
This recipe clicked to me on one Sunday when I wanted to eat something of Chinese flavors. My first thought was to order something from a Chinese joint, but then I thought to experiment this.
It is a very simple recipe and the can be cooked just in few minutes.
Potato Pops Manchurian – Ingredients:
- Cut vegetables – Garlic, Onion, Capsicum and Spring Onions.
- Frozen Potato Pops from a reliable brand.
- Tomato Ketchup from a reliable brand.
- Chinese flavors – Soya sauce, Vinegar and Green Chilli sauce from a reliable brand.
- Pickled Olives – Green and Black from a reliable brand.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from a reliable brand.
- Salt and Pepper powder.
Potato Pops Manchurian – Preparation:
- Take out the frozen Potato Pops from the refrigerator and keep them aside for few mins to get rid of the frost. Take oil in a pan and fry the Potato Pops at a low flame till golden brown. Keep them aside, we will again use them at the end of the process.
- Take oil in a pan and bring it to medium heat. Add chopped Garlic and shallow fry it. Now add Onions and fry on a low flame until golden brown.
- Add Spring Onions and Capsicum to the pan and continue cooking at low flame. Continue stirring till the Capsicum starts looking little soft and cooked. At the same low flame now add the Olives and mix well.
- Add Tomato Sauce(2.5 portions), Chilli Sauce(1 portion), Vinegar(1/2 portion) and Soya Sauce(1/2 portion) and mix well. Increase the flame to medium and sprinkle salt and Pepper powder as per taste.
- Once all the contents have mixed well, add the fried Potato Pops and mix well on a low flame till all the potato pops have got enough of the spices coating.
- Garnish with some cut Spring Onions and serve hot.
TheHeeBee’s video will take you through the entire journey:
If this is prepared with ample gravy then it will be the best combination with Fried Rice. I cooked it in semi-gravy form and had it as a side dish with chilled beer.
More recipes by TheHeeBee: