WHAT THEHEEBEE SAYS ABOUT NEW INDIA:
February 21, 2018, was a different day in the history of mankind and will always be remembered till eternity. On this day, Bangalore based leading businessman Mr. Vijay Tata and his wife Mrs. Amrita Tata celebrated their daughter Sanchi’s birthday like no other parent ever did. They announced the launch of their dream project, “NEW INDIA” – a self-funded NGO, and gifted Rs 200 crores towards the building of cashless cancer care hospital for underprivileged.
About the launch of New India:
New India charitable trust was officially launched at an event in Bangalore on February 21, 2018, by Bollywood heartthrob Emraan Hashmi. The event witnessed the presence of media team from noted media houses and prominent bloggers.
Mr. Vijay Tata and Mrs. Amrita Tata talked about the inspiration behind this noble cause, their efforts, and their vision. The audience was highly touched when Emraan Hashmi shared his experience of the dreaded disease when his son was diagnosed with cancer at tender years. He shared all the difficulties he went through, the study that he did and everything that they passed through in this delicate phase. He also shared thoughts about his book “Kiss of Life”.
There was a very interesting Q&A session, followed by scrumptious lunch.
About New India and SACCI(Sanchi Advanced Cancer Care Institute):
- A nonprofit organization that will be completely self-funded by Mr. and Mrs. Tata.
- It aims to cater women, children, critical illness and stop-rape initiatives.
- New India has already pledged 50 acres of land worth Rs 100 crores at Bangalore to the trust. Additional 100 crores will be used towards the construction of the super-specialty cancer care hospital – SACCI.
- All underprivileged cancer patients from across India will be treated completely free of charge. This will be the first cashless hospital across India. There will be no billing counters.
- The entire hospital will be 150 beds. It will be state of the art infrastructure with renowned oncologists and consultants on board.
- Entire hospital will be designed by a UK based Architect and Engineering firm BDP (Building Design Partnership).
Mr. Vijay Tata said, “A small step can transform into a milestone and development is always bottom-up. Our Honorable PM’s vision on healthcare for all inspired me. Our major thrust today is to work for improving the lives of our people who are below poverty line. The need of the hour is to give proper guidance and free timely treatment to them. New India is a national movement and underprivileged cancer patients across India will be treated free of cost. We are sure that this cashless cancer hospital will be able to pull down the agony of these people by to a certain extent at least on the monetary side. A nation’s progress lies in its ability to provide health and care to its people. A healthy India is our aim.”
Mrs. Amrita Tata said, “To make a difference, one has to be the difference. Many people want to work on these lines but we are fortunate enough to execute this initiative on my daughter’s birthday. We want to give it back to the society and we have already taken the first step. New India wishes to provide a holistic care and solution for cancer patients, which include free treatment and aftercare. We will also be aggressively working towards other social causes for women and children.”
Mr. Emraan Hashmi said, “I have very closely seen the pain which cancer patients and their family go through. New India’s initiative to create new hope for poor cancer patients is worth appreciating and I am glad that individuals like Mr. Vijay Tata and Mrs. Amrita Tata are coming forward to take this novel step.”
Read TheHeeBee’s Lifestyle posts: