WHAT THEHEEBEE SAYS ABOUT FOOD AT SILVER METRO:
My genuine love of food has inspired me to share TheHeeBee as a platform where other food lovers can also share their food reviews.
Read here lovely food review on TheHeeBee in form of a guest post by Sneha Bati in her own words.
About Silver Metro Restaurant:
Silver Metro is a metro train theme based restaurant located inside the total mall, Madiwala, Bangalore. Little difficult for a Bangalore newbie to locate but this review would surely help for those. Had been there for team outings three times. This restaurant has been there for many years even before the real metro trains started in Bangalore. It offers Al-a-carte and buffet. It also has an attached bar.
Location, Ambiance, and the Setup:
Silver metro is located inside the Total/Jumbo mall-Madiwala, Bangalore. It is a metro train theme based restaurant where they have placed 2 dummy metro trains and seating inside the train. They have mocked the driver too, which gives a real metro feel though the train doesn’t move. The ambiance is okish kind which looks decent for a family, team outings but I don’t recommend it for a date. It has a small bar attached which could be seen at the farther end when you enter. The place looks a little congested to walk but could never get too crowded as there are many seating arrangements.
What we had:
All the 3 times that we have been at Silver Metro, we dined at the buffet which most of the people who come in prefer to.
Buffet included veg and non-veg food as under :
1) 2 welcome drinks (it was Jal jeera and buttermilk when we went recently)
2) Live chaat counter which had Dahi Puri & Pani Puri which was extremely good.
3) Salads – limited variety like sprouts salad and veggie salad with other basics like cut cucumber, tomato, onions & lime slices.
4) 3 veg starters which included Fried Rolls, Dry Paneer and Gobi Manchurian with Green Chutney.
5) One main attraction was the live Phulka counter where one gets soft hot Phulka Rotis, I loved this unique offering. It had other Indian Bread too like Naan and Roti.
6) Coming to curries – on the menu were Paneer Butter Masala, Dry Alu Brinjal.
7) Rice varieties include Veg Pulav with Raita, White Rice with Dal and Rasam, Curd Rice.
8) Coming to the last but not least is everyone’s favorite desserts which had
a) Sweets: Kala Jamoon, Rasagull & Carrot Halwa. All 3 were tasty.
b) Cut Fruits: Watermelon & Papaya
c) Ice cream: 4 flavors with Chocolate Sauce
They have staff in good numbers. The plates for the main course and desserts are little small in size when compared to other similar restaurants.
Buffet cost now is at 499 per person including tax. If pax are more than 10 then they give a 10% discount. I would like to rate is 3.8/5
Sneha Bati (Guest post – Team TheHeeBee)
Read similar posts by TheHeeBee: