WHAT THEHEEBEE SAYS ABOUT PANEER CURRY:
I was thinking of some innovation in a recipe and that is when I came across a thought to cook a veg dish using a non-veg masala. While surfing through the different options, I came across Eastern Condiments Chicken Masala and thought it to be my best bet for the experiment.
I cooked Paneer Curry by using the Eastern Condiments Chicken Masala and the final dish turned out to be very delicious. I am sure that if Chicken Curry is cooked using the same masala then it will be one of the best.
The recipe follows as under:
- Eastern Condiments Chicken Masala.
- Fresh Paneer cut in cubes.
- Fresh curd.
- Tomato, Onions, Garlic.
- Salt, Pepper, Honey, Oil, Curry Leaves.
- Cut fresh Paneer into approximately equal size cubes.
- Sprinkle Chicken Masala over it and add fresh curd enough to coat all the cubes.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well such that all the paneer cubes get coated well with the spices and curd.
- Put in refrigerator for around an hour.
- Roast all the sides of Paneer cubes on a pan. Alternately you can also grill it if you have the needed equipment.
- Take Tomatoes and peeled Onions and create a puree in a blender.
- Put some oil in a pan and add Curry Leaves to it. Add chopped garlic to it and let it turn golden brown.
- Add Onion and Tomato puree to it and mix well.
- Add Chicken Masala to it while mixing continuously. Add masala till the color of the puree changes from red to brown. Now the gravy is getting ready.
- At this point of time, the gravy will taste little bitter due to the concentration of tomatoes. Add some salt and honey to it to balance out the taste.
- Let it simmer for around 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add the roasted/grilled Paneer to the gravy and let it simmer till the gravy gets little thick.
Now your Paneer Curry is ready to be served with hot Paratha or Rice.
Like this recipe? You will surely like our recipe of Shahi Paneer Masala as well. Do check it out.